Co-occurring conditions & Reflections
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria
- What is Autism?
- The Life Scientific Podcast: Francesca Happe on Autism
- AIDE Canada starts a conversation with Dr. Anagnostou about autism research
- Lomah podcast: Addressing the disability divide
Mental Health Literacy Guide for Autism-York University, Section 5
- Blogpost: I’m Autistic by Morgan Harper Nichols
- Neurodivergent Spoons & Forks: How to Explain Autism & Fatigue
Conditions that can Occur in Autism – Raising Children Network
The Neurodiversity Paradigm & Neurodiversity-Affirming Practices
- The Neurodiversity Paradigm
Authentic Strength-Based Practice: Can Neurotypical Professionals Make a Paradigm Shift?
- Two Sides of the Spectrum Podcast: A strengths-based approach to autism inerventions with Dr. Kristie Patten
Special Issue on Occupational Therapy with Neurodivergent people – AOTA, April 2021
Learning from Autistic Voices: Expecting autistic people to ‘fit in’ is cruel and unproductive; value us for our strengths
Learning from Autistic Voices: Evidence, ethics, and effectiveness of autism interventions – Autism Self Advocacy Network
- What Makes a Good Therapist for an Autistic Child?
Autism & Sensory Processing Differences
- AIDE Canada: Sensory Processing Differences Toolkit
- Webinar AIDE Canada: Sensory Processing in Autism: The Neuroscience & Practical Strategies for Home Webinar
- ASD Engage Podcast Episode #7: Sensory Experiences- How too much or too little affects feelings and behaviours
- Sensory Processing Differences and children on the autism spectrum
Anxiety and Sensory Processing Disorder – Which Comes First?
- One Easy Way to Understand Sensory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Issues: Tricks and Tips for Teens and Older Kids
10 Tips To Help Neurotypicals Understand Sensory Processing Disorder
- Podcast Episode that gives an in-depth description of Spoon Theory
- Updates in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Occupational Therapy Evidence-Based Interventions & Assessment Tools
Using a Sensory Diet Approach to Support Optimal Sensory Processing
- Ear Protection List Suggested by Autistic People
Auditory System Cheat Sheet – Lemon Lime Adventures
Stimming and other behaviours
- Workshops offer much-needed parental guidance
- Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital launches first ever Echo Ontario Autism Program
- Autism in the Early Childhood Setting: Early Learning & Development Programs presents a memorable conference for all
- Interview: Six Ways to Maximize Mealtimes
- Holland Bloorview’s Autism Summit: A Resounding Success
Pena, M., Captain N., & Woodhouse J. (2020). Environmental Adaptations. Manual of Pediatric Balance.
Pena, M.,, Ng, Y., Ripat J. & Anagnostou E.(2020): Parent Perspectives on Sensory-Based Interventions (SBIs) for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders